Páginas

4.19.2016

Lore Podcast

I've been listening to this podcast Lore for about six months now, and it's pretty good.  The host's (and creator, Aaron Mahnke) voice, however, is bizarrely jagged, as though he's placed a little dash between - every - word - he - states.

Just last Friday I listened to a series of about five of his first podcasts, starting with the very first one he put out just over a year ago.

In these earlier episodes his voice is much more smooth and natural, making me think that this stutter talk is an affectation.

And if so, why?  He's doing so well in itunes, ranking I think in the top podcasts these past weeks; and maybe he thinks that sounding weird is in harmony with the theme of the podcast.

I don't know.  As for my own opinion, however, I find it annoying.  Wish he'd kept his old voice, it sounded much more natural.  It was also laced with a bit more humor.

In his more current epidoses he sounds like a robot.

7 comments

  1. Dude...I just listened to my first lore podcast...While it sounds interesting I'm not sure I can listen to this guy's voice. I was just searching online to find out if it actually is a computer voice...So fucking odd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I recently wrote about how the sound of a person's voice can make or break a podcast. Something else that I come across a lot is vocal fry. So painful to listen to that, in an otherwise good podcast. Thanks for reading ;)

      Delete
  2. I juuust listened to this podcast for the first time and immediately was annoyed by his voice. Definitely agree with your adjective "jagged." I honestly couldn't listen to the whole episode because it irked me so bad hah. But I did listen to his first episode and, as you mentioned, his voice is so fluid! What happened?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder too, what happened. I've listened to some podcasts for YEARS now and when I go back to the start they sound EXACTLY the same (e.g. the Comedy Film Nerds). Somehow with Mahnke I think it's an affection, as I said above. But who knows. Maybe he just wants to sound weird.

      Delete
  3. Yes I thought the exact same thing is very odd and hard to listen to sometimes. The earlier episodes were so much smoother 😦

    ReplyDelete
  4. So irritating. Not listened to the podcasts, just tuned straight in to the series on Amazon and within 30 seconds said "not sure I can carry on watching this - his. voice. is. really. annoying"

    ReplyDelete
  5. So irritating. Not listened to the podcasts, just tuned straight in to the series on Amazon and within 30 seconds said "not sure I can carry on watching this - his. voice. is. really. annoying"

    ReplyDelete

Pink Lady © - DISEÑO POR HERPARK