Páginas

3.08.2016

The End of Christian America?

I thought that this article made a lot of good points.  It seemed to me a dispassionate assessment of this election process juxtaposed with some of the tenants of Christianity and concluding that the two no longer mesh.  He concludes that "Christian America" is really just rhetoric, and that the voters are not longer voting for leaders with the criteria of whether or not he/she is a faithful Christian.


Well, maybe his view isn't entirely dispassionate, and I sense that he really bemoans the loss of Christian values in this country.  But it's an, I think anyway, accurate assessment of the culture; and if Christian values no longer rule the country, which values or ethos have replaced them?

Imagine a political leader saying, “If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing” (1 Corinthians 13:1-2).
Love or noise? Love or nothing? Christianity hinges on how people choose between them. If Americans were serious about being a Christian country, they would call forth and elect leaders who are patient and kind, and never boastful or rude. They would demand a political process much less characterized by vitriol and noise.

No comments

Post a Comment

Pink Lady © - DISEÑO POR HERPARK