Páginas

10.23.2015

Sarah Silverman on Fresh Air

A surprisingly good interview here.  Never have liked Silverman very much; her vulgarity crosses my line in the sand and I find her un-listenable.

But in this interview she discusses her struggles with depression, the recent death of her mother as well as the inspirations for her comedy.  I guess that she reminds me a little bit of Louis C.K. in that I like her better in her serious interviews than in her comedy.

She said that when she first started out in comedy, she accepted the prevailing attitude that a good female comedian could make men laugh.  These critics hailed Paula Poundstone as a model female comedian since she discussed topics that could just as easily be covered by a man.

"It took years for me to realize, you know, like, comedy is talking about my own experience, and I'm a woman.  And that's my experience.  And just because it isn't yours doesn't invalidate it."

I love this quote.  So true, so true that a woman's perspective and experience are as equally valid as a man's.  Which is one of the reasons I've become so enamored with the Bechtol test these days.  Tired of seeing women's experiences and perspectives pushed to the margins in movies.

No comments

Post a Comment

Pink Lady © - DISEÑO POR HERPARK