Páginas

9.17.2015

Everest: the movie



This is an awesome movie to see in 3-D.  Highly recommend seeing this on the big screen, in an IMAX theater; it makes you feel like you're really feel like you're in the movie.

Overall I'd say this cinematic rendition of the 1996 Mt. Everest hiking tragedy recounted in the book "Into Thin Air" (as well as several other books) is excellent.  Think that we've made it into Oscar Season.  

Icelandic director Baltasar Kormukar's cast an impressive team, including Jason Clark, Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Brolin, Emily Watson--she's awesome, honestly think she deserves an Oscar nod, Keira Knightly and Robin Wright.

However, perhaps it's TOO many characters; I like the point that reviewer Mike Scott made; "Kormukar has a lot of balls to keep in the air, as he tries to split his films focus between an unwieldy number of main characters" (read full review here)  After I left the theater I asked someone; "did the Jake Gyllenhaal  character die?"  It was hard to keep track of everyone.

But the movie  certainly captivated my imagination, when I got home I read up on Everest and the real life characters in the 1996 tragedy.

No comments

Post a Comment

Pink Lady © - DISEÑO POR HERPARK